2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brakes won't bleed

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 08:05 PM
Frank Mercurio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes won't bleed

I have a 01 ram, just replaced everything on the brakes. I think the previous owner let them run dry. I am getting no fluid to the rear after trying to bleed. Can anyone help!

Old 11-23-2017, 08:42 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

Did you bleed the master cylinder before installing it on the truck? If so, you can typically open the bleeder screws at each wheel to let it gravity bleed. Sometimes takes a bit, but it works for me.

Please tell us more about what brake parts you actually replaced and why..

Old 11-24-2017, 08:11 AM
Frank Mercurio

I just got it, I changed calipers, rotors, pads now in the rear, wheel cylinders, shoes, drums.i didn't touch the master cylinder. The front bled fine now the rear I'm getting nothing. I tried to gravity bleed them, nothing. He ran it dry the previous owner

Old 11-24-2017, 09:01 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Grab a friend, park him in the drivers seat. (or her, doesn't matter.) Have friend pump up the brakes, and hold pressure on the pedal. Crack open a FRONT bleeder valve. Do that a couple times, then try bleeding the rears.

Old 11-24-2017, 05:00 PM
moparracing
Amateur
Talking

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Grab a friend, park him in the drivers seat. (or her, doesn't matter.) Have friend pump up the brakes, and hold pressure on the pedal. Crack open a FRONT bleeder valve. Do that a couple times, then try bleeding the rears.
did this today, it worked for me.