2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

315/70r17 bf goodrich ko2 on Offroad Ram

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Jake103
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 315/70r17 bf goodrich ko2 on Offroad Ram

Hi, guys

I know this topic has been beaten like a dead horse. Anyways I have been doing research, I see the bf goodrich 35 ats fit the offroad package stock. I was looking and most that fit are the old bf goodrich KO's. They were 34.6x12 . So I was wondering would the new KO2's fit? Considering the new ones are 34.6×12.7? I also seen there were 2 different 315/70r17's on the old KO's. One measured 12"wide like I said and the other one measured 12.7. I havn't seen any of the new KO2's on the offroad edition rams. So I figure they may have changed when they went with the KO2's. I just don't know if the old KO size specs are different. According to some old specs I found they are. I just wanna see if the new KO2's fit considering the old KO's fit everyones offroad package. I don't want to buy them and then find out they don't fit like the old KO's. So any help would be appreciated. It will be going on stock 17x8 offroad rims. So the width will be affected a little bit.
Again sorry for beating a dead horse but I wanna be sure before I pull the trigger.

Old 11-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Going that wide you'll probably rub the control arms at full lock. I've got a 3" lift which is taller than the ORE but I only run 285s in the KO2. They are great tires so far and run a tad narrower and shorter than some brands like TOYO/NITTO.

285s are too wide for a 7" wheel technically but I've had three different pair squished on them just fine.

Likewise, 315s are too wide for a 8" wheel but you may get away with them as well but stock backspacing may make them rub. Just go to Discount Tire and try them out. If you don't like them, you can swap them out. They have great returns and customer service.