2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hella 500 Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 03:12 PM
raiders fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hella 500 Fog Lights

Need some help folks. Trying to wire these fog lights up. Using a relay with a on/off toggle switch. The directions say to wire the toggle from the relay and also from the High Beams. I cant locate the high beam fuse. Anyone know where to locate or where to wire this toggle? I have the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 ltr. Thanks.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:52 AM
2kramquad
Default RE: Hella 500 Fog Lights

Are they fog lights or driving lights? All fog lights I've ever had tell you to wire them into the low beams. I always found it easiest to go back to where the plug is at the headlight itself and tap into the correct wire there.

Old 11-28-2005, 01:45 PM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran
Default RE: Hella 500 Fog Lights

Most Fog and Driving lights are illuminated only when the Low Beams are on. The easiest way I have found to find that wire is to look at the connector on the headlamp. If you have an electrical tester, so much the better. Due to space constraints, and the fact I'm not into Yoga, getting under the dash and looking for wires tends to be more frustrating and painful than just looking under the hood!!

Quick Reply: Hella 500 Fog Lights