2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lock actuator / key fob

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2018, 07:07 PM
Bigred128
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lock actuator / key fob

Hey guys I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 2wd. I have a couple questions for two different things. I believe my door lock actuators are both bad. Today I went to the junk yard to grab two of them. One for each side and try them out. They ended up being bad as well. But when I installed my old one back in it still didn’t work I lubed it up. And hooked up all wires and such. Everything worked. But I went to leave and opened my door and my alarm went off? Didn’t know I had a factory alarm. I disalarmed it, from unlocking the passager door from the key from the outside. But my question is. It’s bad because it doesn’t unlock or lock my doors anymore and I can only hear the motor on it? Did I install it back correctly? All the wires in the right place? Any other vehicles have them for cheaper? Also my lock and my lock switch only works both ways when truck is off. When I started the truck the lock doesn’t work anymore on the switch I still can lock/ un
lock manually

Also my factory alarm works now I guess. But I do not have a key fob for it. I’m the 3rd owner of the truck and from who I bought it from didn’t mention the alarm three years ago. Anyway I can program a key fob to my alarm without having to take it to the dealer or a locksmith? Or to have a key fob?

Attached Thumbnails Lock actuator / key fob-3760ee64-640c-446b-9fa7-0bc031dde31a.jpeg   Lock actuator / key fob-abf9fb47-0215-480c-980d-ed44a7ef128f.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Lock actuator / key fob