2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Vibration dampener 2001

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2021, 06:46 PM
Icepike
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibration dampener 2001

So I found this forum by seeing a post on Google entitle “How the hell do I get this harmonic balancer off”. I also have a 2001 as did original poster. That post helped me immensely. My question is how do I reinstall it?

Old 02-20-2021, 07:55 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 301 Likes on 284 Posts

I typically install the balancer by making sure the woodruff key is on the crank properly in its groove, then slide the balancer onto the crank. Once the balancer is on, I use a harmonic balancer installer to get it going on the crank (installers are available at most car parts stores or online). Once it's on far enough, I use the crank bolt and an impact wrench to pull it on the rest of the way.

The following users liked this post:
Icepike (02-20-2021)
Old 02-20-2021, 08:07 PM
Icepike
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
I typically install the balancer by making sure the woodruff key is on the crank properly in its groove, then slide the balancer onto the crank. Once the balancer is on, I use a harmonic balancer installer to get it going on the crank (installers are available at most car parts stores or online). Once it's on far enough, I use the crank bolt and an impact wrench to pull it on the rest of the way.

Thank you

Quick Reply: Vibration dampener 2001