2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rats & A New member

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 02:55 AM
killerride
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Rats & A New member

Hi to all and a happy New Year!
Recent new Dodge Truck owner and although Ive owned this truck for 2 1/2 yrs I just fired it up for the first time this last Sunday. I aquired the truck through a loan to my cousin and he got the money and I got the truck. Problem was It had sat for about 3yrs before I got it and it was a 100mi away. So it took a while to have the truck towed to my house. Also rats and rabbits had there way with the wiring and made a nest right under the throttle body! All total I am up to 21 wires that I will have repaired,3 connectors and two new O2 sensors. Just found 4 more under the intake on 2 injectors thats 4 more wires and 2 connectors because the lil varmints chewed em up right @ the connectors. Damn Vermin!!! Good news is I already have the intake pulled and found some dodge vehicles with the appropiate yrs at the local Pick a part. Another good thing is the truck, its an '01 with only 50,000 miles on it. Its essentially brand new and with a V-10 no less. Any body got any tips on repairing the plastic panels on the front bumper I have the clips that popped off. Is ther another bumper with no plastic panels from another year that fits on an '01 or do I have to glue the clips back on and what type of glue?? My other truck is an '01 also. Its a regular F-150 that I dumped a Lightning motor and Trans in and also a Kenne Bell Supercharger for good measure. oh that truck has 411,000 mi on the chassis. I do all my own work and maintenance Anyways glad to be a new member here and looking foward to driving this truck finally

Old 01-18-2018, 08:47 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I assume this is a Ram even though you never mention it. Moving to the second gen Ram section. Welcome to the forum.

Old 01-19-2018, 03:06 AM
killerride

Yes it is and Thank you. As I said above I am new to the Dodge family. Glad to be here

Old 01-19-2018, 03:20 AM
killerride

Soldered the 4 Injector wires and connectors and put a new upper plenum gasket. Yesterday I called dodge and asked how much for 2 injector connectors. The price..... $48.37 ea. Today I went to Pick A Part and bought 4 connectors for ....$7.37 Unbelievable. Put it all back together today and the truck lives again!! Man does that V-10 have some torque! I'm impressed.Now time for smog and then I'm legal.

Old 01-19-2018, 07:46 AM
jlake4130
Professional

congrats on the new to you truck! Post up a pic when you get a chance.

Old 10-18-2018, 06:57 PM
Rid-A-Rat
Former Vendor

Hello from Rid-A-Rat!
Are you having issues with rats chewing on your expensive wires?? We have a solution for that very problem. We have created a device which after being installed, will keep any kind of chewing critter out of your engine area. You simply read the directions and install!
The product is guaranteed money back with no questions asked! Why not give us a call- 480-488-6820 or check out our web page at Rid-A-Rat.com.

Quick Reply: Rats & A New member