2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil leak/reseal

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 10:00 AM
Jacob Peterson
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil leak/reseal

So I'm replacing my radiator Saturday and when I do in pulling my whole
Front clip ie bumper,intercooler and I want to clean my motor up real good and I know I have a few oil leaks from my pan gasket and my timing case to block but I don't have the time nor cash atm to replace them so my question is what if I cleaned up the area around were the pan meet the block/case meets block and put a nice bead of black rtv all the way around basically right on the crease where the 2 parts meet would this help seal up the leaks at least until I have time/money/nice weather to do everything properly and of course I would make sure i clean and dry the surface very good and allow the rtv to properly dry before running the truck

Old 01-25-2018, 10:11 AM
true blue
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

You might also try the spray on undercoating. That's some pretty amazing stuff. It worked for me till I had the chance to replace my gaskets awhile back.

Quick Reply: Oil leak/reseal