2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

98 Dodge Ram limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Second gen Travis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[left][QUOTE=Shadow_Death;3383016]
Originally Posted by Second gen Travis

These trucks don't have mass air flow sensors, but they do have MAP (Manafold pressure sensors). How exactly is it dying? Is it losing power and slowly shutting off or does it just die mid drive like someone shut the ignition switch off?

its not drying anymore. But when it didn’t it just died when I was in the throttle just cut off driving down the road. Now it’s not doing it. But it’s just looosing power. It will start up fine. Idle and rev fine. But in gear it just doesn’t have power. It won’t spin the tires in the dirt. It won’t get up and go as quick as before. And the oil pressure keeps dropping. Can low or no oil pressure cause a truck to loose power ? I think something’s clogged. I doubt my motor just took a **** all of a sudden. But it’s possible

Old 03-12-2018, 02:36 PM
dodgeit76
Default Or just stay out of the mud...

So I got alil problem with the old second gen. It’s got th be the 5.2 in it and I think it’s in limp mode. I don’t know For sure but today I was mudding and I hit the wrong hole and it droped in some water and was stuck in it for bout 3 hours. Didn’t sink it but it wasn’t above my 33 swampers but right below the grill. Long story short it’s stalled and I got pulled out dead weight. When I started it out of the water it started right up and ran fine. Went to gas station to get gas it stalled again. Went down the road and it’s stalled 2 more times. He tranny started not wanting to shift and acting up ( not worried bout transmision because it’s brand new and best part has warranty lol ) but right before I got home my oil gauge droped to 0 and it’s lost all power. Could floor it. It didn’t wanna go how it should. Got it in the yard. Shut it off popped the hood and checked it out. Oil was EVERYWHERE. I’m thinking busted line but not sure. Gonna look tommorow. Any ideas?

Old 03-12-2018, 08:22 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,179 Likes on 2,932 Posts

[QUOTE=Second gen Travis;3383022]
Originally Posted by Shadow_Death

its not drying anymore. But when it didn’t it just died when I was in the throttle just cut off driving down the road. Now it’s not doing it. But it’s just looosing power. It will start up fine. Idle and rev fine. But in gear it just doesn’t have power. It won’t spin the tires in the dirt. It won’t get up and go as quick as before. And the oil pressure keeps dropping. Can low or no oil pressure cause a truck to loose power ? I think something’s clogged. I doubt my motor just took a **** all of a sudden. But it’s possible
Wonder if the cat got wet, and took a dump. You could try removing the front O2 sensor from the exhaust, and see if it drives any better.

Originally Posted by dodgeit76
Was there a point to this post????

Old 03-12-2018, 11:25 PM
Shadow_Death
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=HeyYou;3383069]
[left]

Wonder if the cat got wet, and took a dump. You could try removing the front O2 sensor from the exhaust, and see if it drives any better.

Was there a point to this post????
The cat was my next thought after asking that question. As for his smiley face he put his message in the post title.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:33 AM
Second gen Travis

[QUOTE=Shadow_Death;3383114]
Originally Posted by HeyYou

The cat was my next thought after asking that question. As for his smiley face he put his message in the post title.
there is no cats. It’s true duals with flow masters no cats

Quick Reply: 98 Dodge Ram limp mode