2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help identify part and whether it should it be moving!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 03:42 PM
C12Creed
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help identify part and whether it should it be moving!

1997 dodge ram 1500 v8 5.2L 4x4:

This part in the image goes from the air intake box into the driver side (valve/head?).

Im not too saavy with trucks yet, this baby is my first. Just an average joe-youtube-using mechanic learning by experience here.

What is the name of that part and should the area that connects into the (head/valve) have the ability to rotate left and right or should it stay still?

Im not going to try to pull it; I only noticed it can rotate so far. Thanks!

Last edited by C12Creed; 03-22-2018 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-22-2018, 04:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,285 Likes on 3,032 Posts

It's part of the PCV system. (positive crankcase ventilation.) That is the intake side of the system. PCV valve is in the other valve cover, with a line that goes to the intake manifold itself. And yeah, it's just a hose, so, moving is ok.

Old 03-22-2018, 04:05 PM
C12Creed
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
It's part of the PCV system. (positive crankcase ventilation.) That is the intake side of the system. PCV valve is in the other valve cover, with a line that goes to the intake manifold itself. And yeah, it's just a hose, so, moving is ok.
Thanks! I was more concerned with the piece which is directly on the valve, that the hose connects to, to be still but glad to know it can rotate! Also,thanks for the knowledge!

Quick Reply: Help identify part and whether it should it be moving!