2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Map sensor brand really matter? Spring tuneup time :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 11:55 AM
WhiteSnake91
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as funds allow as preventative maintenance I honestly thought of replacing all the old sensors one by one to restore the truck to tip-top performance, keeping them as backup of course, and wondered which aftermarket was a no-no for 3rd party. I'm sure Mopar if searched around online wouldn't be too much more than a 3rd party part. At the very least I'm going to clean the IAC and IAC channel, and probably get a new coolant temp sensor for good measure since that'd be the last thing besides the map and o2 that would be majorly effecting my fuel consumption.

true it seems like it's hard to find mopar for older stuff and sometimes aftermarket at all, heard the obd1 v10 ram trucks crank sensor or cam sensor is supposedly very hard to get

it honestly looks like I have the original alternator too, Hitachi if I remember correctly from the sticker I saw. My coil looks rather old too but my dad said in all the years of owning his 98 5.2 he never had to replace his

after seeing the state of the often price gouged overpriced used market in my area I think I may just keep my truck forever lol. You never know what problems you're getting from somebody else too, I could pay for example 3500 for another truck, get around the corner, and the engine/trans blow lol.

Quick Reply: Map sensor brand really matter? Spring tuneup time :)