2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No bus issue on 2001 cummins

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Ctprice4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No bus issue on 2001 cummins

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins. I am currently having a no bus issue and all my gauges aren’t working. Sometime when I hit the panel right under the dash super work I can get it to work for a day or so. All gauges will work and all the lights will go away. Then it’s back to it not working again. I’ve checked all fuses and connections in the fuse box. Everything is super clean. I bought a used cluster off eBay and tried to replace it but still no results. I’m curious to why it works sometimes when I hit the dash really hard. All my pillar gauges work fine. It is also displaying CCD on my upper console where my fuel economy is. I’ve already taken it to the dealership and they confirmed it was the cluster. But I’ve already tried that. Please help!

Old 04-10-2018, 08:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,282 Likes on 3,029 Posts

Check connections at the PCM, and Central timer module. Locations for those will be in the service manual.

Old 04-10-2018, 11:28 AM
true blue
Veteran
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

If you're striking the dash under the instrument cluster and it werx, then I'd say you got a bad/loose connection under the dash. The first place to go is of coarse the fuse AND relays. Check not only the fuses and relays, but also the connections for rust/corrosion. Also...there's a main plug under the drivers side dash where 95% or more of the wiring comes thru from the firewall and ECM. Many times, what happens is that one of the connectors gets "crusty", and as a bonus, you'll notice it almost right away when you remove the plug. In the immortal words of a famous doctor..."Good luck, we're all counting on you."

Quick Reply: No bus issue on 2001 cummins