2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rpm issue need information asap

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 01:05 AM
DARKSID3HONDA2015
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rpm issue need information asap

So 2 weeks ago I had an issue with my truck when doing 55 to 60 and up it would start jumping rpms and act like it was bugging out. So I replaced the iac rhe Tps crank sensor all new distributor assmebly timed it to 0. Did a full oil change ran seafoam in gas and oil replaced oil pressure sensor I busted getting the distributor out and then took it to the parts store to scan it and they were having issues connecting to my trans all we knew was it was pulling a code for the torque converter clutch solenoid saying it was in open postion so they narrowed it down to a bad governor solenoid in the trans pan which I have not replaced yet I'm doing that tomarrow along with new speed sensor in the pumpkin cause previous owner busted the clip so its zipped tied on to hold it in place code scanner said magnet was messed up on it but havnt looked yet to know. What I'm wonder is anyone else had this issue cause now as it sits she starts and all that but will not go past 20 now without going crazy on the rpms and backfire and trying to bog out bad any ideas as to what this really is from anyone having same issue

Old 05-20-2018, 10:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

Timed it to 0? Timed what?

If you are changing electronics in the trans, change ALL of them. Including the TCC and O/D solenoids. (you know, the one you are getting codes for.....)

How much is the tach bouncing?

Quick Reply: Rpm issue need information asap