2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1998 Ram v10 no spark

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 07:25 PM
_itsjavio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
You have to have a wiring issue somewhere
i second, you would have spark but I was assuming you hadn’t checked for spark just assumed you had no spark since All it did was crank.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:12 PM
kman4443
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by _itsjavio

i second, you would have spark but I was assuming you hadn’t checked for spark just assumed you had no spark since All it did was crank.
Currently, I have no spark but it did not long ago it would run on starting fluid.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:17 AM
69_XS29L
Veteran
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
If you get injector pulse and power to the coil then it's not your PCM that would mean your coils are bad. Basically how it works is PCM gets a signal from the crank sensor which sends it to the coil and then the coil distributes that power to the cylinders. Also is fires the injectors
That's not right. If you have power to both coils and all injectors, the ASD is functioning. The cam sensor is a reference to tell the computer where the crank is in it's 720 degree rotation and therefore when to fire injectors and coils. There are five coil circuits, firing cylinders in pairs. The V10 fires like an old Harley, on both compression and exhaust.The coils and injectors are always hot, the computer provides the ground, firing the plugs and injectors at the right time. If you had a misfire, then maybe one or two of these circuits could be faulty. If you have nothing, the the computer is not capable of providing a ground, all five coil circuits are open, computer is not being told to provide grounds. Communication, physical malfunction, or logic. That's the way it looks to me. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 1998 Ram v10 no spark