2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Instrument Cluster Working Intermittently

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 01:23 PM
Burgundy98RAMMER
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Instrument Cluster Working Intermittently

Hey guys, got an issue that I can't figure out and need a bit of help. My instrument panel works, everything except the oil pressure gauge, which I think is the sender switch connected to the firewall (i'll be replacing that this weekend). Anyways, the panel and almost all the indicator bulbs light up, I think I have a couple burned out. The issue is, while I'm driving at various speeds, the instrument panel will just stop working. When I say stops working, I mean the tach, speedo, and all gauges will drop down to zero. After a couple more seconds, the airbag indicator will come on, as will the low-fuel indicator and dinging will sound that accompanies it normally. Now, sometimes it take a smack on the front of the panel to get it back to working, other times if I just give it a minute, it will start working again.

Any suggestions?? Ground? Connections behind the cluster?

I haven't taken the cluster off yet because I wanted to check the grounds first, but I don't know where they're at, could someone help with that?

Thanks so much everyone!

Old 08-09-2018, 02:00 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Please provide your vehicle details so everyone knows what you are working on.

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster Working Intermittently