2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Conditioner Blend Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 09:48 AM
MikeHancock
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Conditioner Blend Problem

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 with a V6 engine. When I adjust the temperature on the air conditioner the unit suddenly goes from all cold to all hot. There is no "in between". I guess that it is a blend issue, but am not sure where to start.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:55 PM
Dob Bole
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i am kid of, sort of, in the same boat. In addition to what your are describing, when i hit the brakes a bit too hard, not necessarily a panic stop, my cold AC air all of a sudden goes to full warm. I turn off the AC for thirty seconds, back on, and it's back to normal. I have made sure that my check valves and vacuum lines are hooked up properly cause i have had the wild vents in the past. But aside from that don't know what to do either. I am starting to think it's the AC control unit. Mine is also a 2001.

Old 10-25-2018, 07:35 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Likely the coupler (interposer) between the little stepper motor, and the blend door axle is broken. You can find the motor on the bottom of the heater box, passenger side, just above the trans tunnel. It's held in by two screws, one of which is rather fun to get to. (notching the carpet a bit makes it easier.) Do a search on "HeaterTreater", they have nice pics of everything.

Quick Reply: Air Conditioner Blend Problem