2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Lodawg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical

I have a 1998 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport ... it’s has 138,000 miles on it .... the first problem that came up was ... the wipers would come on when I signaled left .... or I turned on parking lights ... or low beams ... I replaced multi turn signal wiper switch .... it still didn’t work and my left indicator light was on dim and left turn signal outside was dim with my park or lights on ...
then my fuel pump went out ..., I changed fuel pumps now the lights work normal ... but the wipers still come on with parking or headlights or left turn signal ... I pulled the wiper relay so I don’t have intermittent wipers but everything works ... STUMPED ...

Old 11-02-2018, 10:50 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Lodawg
I have a 1998 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport ... it’s has 138,000 miles on it .... the first problem that came up was ... the wipers would come on when I signaled left .... or I turned on parking lights ... or low beams ... I replaced multi turn signal wiper switch .... it still didn’t work and my left indicator light was on dim and left turn signal outside was dim with my park or lights on ...
then my fuel pump went out ..., I changed fuel pumps now the lights work normal ... but the wipers still come on with parking or headlights or left turn signal ... I pulled the wiper relay so I don’t have intermittent wipers but everything works ... STUMPED ...
It's a ground issue. If I remember correctly they share the same ground point

Quick Reply: Electrical