2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

some questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 05:17 AM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

According to this Wiki article; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_LA_engine chamber size is 62cc.
Also found this:
Combustion Chamber size...nominal 65 cc according to Hot Rod in 'Magnum
Manifesto' article in Aug 1998...62 cc according to Marlan Davis in 'High Perf
Mopar Engines' ISBN 1884089518 ....62cc as measured by Ray Barton Engines on
Dakota owner's 1995 5.2V8. Several moparts.com forum members report they have
measured Magnum chambers at 63-64cc.
from here: http://www.moparchat.com/forums/ram-...m-engines.html

Old 12-25-2018, 10:57 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 389 Likes on 366 Posts

can any thing be done with obd1 pcms?
In a word NO, Best you can do is find a mopar performance pcm for your engine. That's if you can find it! Some are available and some are not. If you get lucky you may find one on ebay. MP made these shorty after the engine/trucks came out and they where only produced a few years after that's why that are hard to find. And they are not for heavily modded engines(strokers etc..) Before you plan on what engine to build you need to figure out what's going to control it. I think finding a OBD2 pcm and harness would be an option unless you go with an aftermarket controller. If i may add my $.02 worth if you are looking for performance there is no replacement for displacement (as long as it's not forced induction) as you read before. So why waste money on the V6? Ever consider a hemi swap?

Quick Reply: some questions