2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

loose TV cable

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 02:24 PM
norteno
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loose TV cable

on to the next thing... I noticed that the TV cable is a little loose and I feel some minor delay between throttle and transmission response. It seems easy enough to take up the slack.. and I hear that it is actually adjusting the shift points. So my question is.... is that all that needs to be done regarding the shift points related to the TV cable or does the cable connection down on the side of transmission require any adjustments once the slack is taken up? Is it that simple or am I opening up a can of worms???? I've read very many posts on this and other websites and can't find an answer to my specific concern........As always, thanks for any input...

Last edited by norteno; 12-25-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:32 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Nope, all ya gotta do is take out the slack. Now, when doing so, having someone else hold the lever at the trans in place, so you ONLY take up the slack, is good idea.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:07 PM
norteno
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks! I took the slack out... the adjuster mechanism "clicked" 2-3 X and the slack took up. I test drove it and it responds very different and very well now. Even in reverse. So with the new plugs/wires, drop in SPECTRE oiled air filter, AGM battery, magnaflow muffler and adjusting the TV cable and a thorough throttle body and IAC cleaning and maintaining proper air pressure in the tires... the truck is really accelerating and idling better for a 5250 pound truck.... who cares about MPG.... NOT ME!!!!! LOL!! Thanks again.

Quick Reply: loose TV cable