2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dash End Caps

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 01:10 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by PR1AWRet
Looked at it yesterday and the end caps are part of the lower dash plastic. The pieces come off with screws, from what I can see through the glove compartment. The end caps are a piece of the plastic that runs from the end cap passenger side to the cup holder in the middle, that's where I stopped looking. It looks like it has to come off as 1 piece from side to side, so tearing the dash apart would be needed. Maybe 15 years from now my grandson can replace it.

As for the 3 dash replacements during warranty, the truck was out in the desert heat. The last one has been on it for 12 years. When I put a thin layer of silicone grease on any of the interior plastic, you could tell it soaked it up a bit. Made it shine too.
This is what needs replaced. That's not going to happen anytime soon.

That is what I was trying to say lol they are one piece and the end caps don't come off by themselves as for the silicone I wouldn't do that I would use a plastic conditioner

Old 02-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Yup... everything else has to come off first.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:46 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

This is what needs replaced. That's not going to happen anytime soon.

I would but it at least they don't make them and, so eventually you won't be able to get one

Quick Reply: Dash End Caps