2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Who is MonteC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 02:00 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who is MonteC?

Just had a customer drop off his 2003 Dodge Ram at my shop after driving three hours. He said I was sorely missed on the dodge forum! Have I really been gone that long? Things have really taken off at my shop and at home. 5 techs, 8 lifts. Always have a full shop. Biggest change was in 2012 when I became a dad, then again in 2015, then again in 2018! So all of my spare time is basically gone! I didnt think I would be missed that much.

I can do my best to answer questions and tech advice. Here on the website or in private messages. A few of you have found my shop number and cell number, if you want to bring in your truck or even other non 2nd gen vehicle to the shop please call. I would appreciate no tech calls over the phone, im on the phone all day and its not my most favorite activity.

Old 02-25-2019, 02:18 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by MonteC
Just had a customer drop off his 2003 Dodge Ram at my shop after driving three hours. He said I was sorely missed on the dodge forum! Have I really been gone that long? Things have really taken off at my shop and at home. 5 techs, 8 lifts. Always have a full shop. Biggest change was in 2012 when I became a dad, then again in 2015, then again in 2018! So all of my spare time is basically gone! I didnt think I would be missed that much.

I can do my best to answer questions and tech advice. Here on the website or in private messages. A few of you have found my shop number and cell number, if you want to bring in your truck or even other non 2nd gen vehicle to the shop please call. I would appreciate no tech calls over the phone, im on the phone all day and its not my most favorite activity.
Where is your shop Monte? I finally got to see you post lol

Old 02-25-2019, 03:57 PM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Where is your shop Monte? I finally got to see you post lol
North Charleston, SC

Old 02-25-2019, 06:44 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

North Charleston, SC
​​​​​​I have a problem. When I go to engage reverse in my 46RE it takes a while to engage but if I rev the engine it bangs into reverse. But once it engages for the first time it goes in normally until I shut the truck off. I still have the check valve so it's not fluid draining back in

Old 02-25-2019, 09:24 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Thank you for all the information in the past. I learned a lot from you. I'm glad things are going good for you.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:28 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by 2bit
Thank you for all the information in the past. I learned a lot from you. I'm glad things are going good for you.
Yes he is a legend and I literally printed out his entire sticky. He is amazing with these magical boxes we call automatic transmissions.

Old 02-25-2019, 09:30 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Hey, blast from the past! Good to see you're still around, MonteC. Never read any of your trans threads because, well, I don't need them, Ha!

Glad you're busy, glad you're a Dad, glad your a good guy. Good for you!

Old 02-25-2019, 09:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Holy smokes. It has indeed been a while. We would be VERY happy to see you drop in more often.

As for kids, well, I would point out, we know what causes that now......... (congrats! Got pics??)

Old 02-26-2019, 09:05 AM
MonteC
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
​​​​​​I have a problem. When I go to engage reverse in my 46RE it takes a while to engage but if I rev the engine it bangs into reverse. But once it engages for the first time it goes in normally until I shut the truck off. I still have the check valve so it's not fluid draining back in
You are right, not a drain back issue. Have you adjusted the reverse band lately? How is the shift to third? Two elements apply for reverse. Low/reverse band (rear band) and the Direct clutches (third gear, high gear). Bring it straight into manual low next time and see how it applies.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:13 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome back!

Quick Reply: Who is MonteC?