2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1999 Ram 1500 2WD lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:04 PM
Berdok
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Ram 1500 2WD lift

So i'm pretty new to 2nd gen rams. I want to put a 2in lift on mine to get just a little extra height. My issue is this: My dad had a 97 Ram 1500 2WD that he had put a 2in lift on. Over time his front tires we're wearing very un-evenly. The inside of the tires were almost bold while the outside still had at least 50% tread left. He believes that the lift was the cause of this. If it is, how do i prevent my from doing the same when I put a lift on it? What do I need to buy? What do I need to adjust? He had gotten an alignment on his and replaced both upper and lower ball joints on both sides. I really liked how the truck looked and want mine to be similar. He used pucks that you put on top of the stock springs. I've done my research and have seen many mixed results and answers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-20-2019, 03:16 AM
HeikIlm
Captain
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Not too familiar with the 2wd Ram front suspension, but I suspect it being basicaly same like on C10 Chevy. Upper arm being shorter than lower, and when the front is lifted it pulls the upper side of the tire inwards, thus wearing inside of the tire. So you would need to adjust the upper arms outwards.

Quick Reply: 1999 Ram 1500 2WD lift