2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2000 ram radio upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 08:53 PM
dog dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 ram radio upgrade question

removed original and replaced with first a sony then a pioneer . and both have little tiny buttons that you press two by accident , and idiot designs like when you adjust volume **** if you press it in a little bit it changes mode . ecspecially this pioneer is designed by a raving idiot . but i looked at all the choices at bestbuy and other places and its all the same idiot designed stuff with tiny buttons and way over complicated controls . so im wondering which year dodge has a stock radio that has the port you plug thumb drives into plus sturdy large button controls and a simple design that i can plug right into my dash board . i need the thumb drive port for my music .

Old 04-14-2019, 09:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,178 Likes on 2,931 Posts

I don't think any of the second gens had a usb port..... Check crutchfield, and see if they don't have something better. They also sell plug and play harnesses for whatever you buy.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:29 AM
WhiteSnake91
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some may scoff at this, but in two previous cars I installed a cheap walmart $20 bluetooth stereo with sd card slot and usb to play music from with no problems in the time I had those cars, my 01 ram had an Alpine cd player with usb port already hooked up, it was decent, can't complain. My 95 has all the stereo wires all cut up in a mess that I never felt like trying to fix so I got a $30 bluetooth Anker soundcore mini speaker at walmart and it has a micro sd card slot I loaded with a memory card full of music and have used it for about 2 years now fine.....I figured there might possibly be a lingering parasitic draw issue with the stereo wires and that's why an old owner chopped everything up. I'll have to post a pic of it all finally soon....I did find it odd on these 2nd gen rams there were two wire harness adapters needed versus only 1 on my old cars, plus having to ground the truck's stereo wire manually I read about before

link to el cheapo on amazon, it's ~$15 these days, can't say it'll last forever but I personally didn't have problems with em https://smile.amazon.com/XO-Vision-S...dp/B0071LSAR6/

Old 04-16-2019, 07:12 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by dog dodge
removed original and replaced with first a sony then a pioneer . and both have little tiny buttons that you press two by accident , and idiot designs like when you adjust volume **** if you press it in a little bit it changes mode . ecspecially this pioneer is designed by a raving idiot . but i looked at all the choices at bestbuy and other places and its all the same idiot designed stuff with tiny buttons and way over complicated controls . so im wondering which year dodge has a stock radio that has the port you plug thumb drives into plus sturdy large button controls and a simple design that i can plug right into my dash board . i need the thumb drive port for my music .
I've bought a couple Alpine single din head units, they are not too bad interface wise, and has provision to plug your thumb drive right into the face of the unit.

Quick Reply: 2000 ram radio upgrade question