2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift help.

  #1  
Old 04-14-2019, 09:25 PM
Flatsbilly's Avatar
Flatsbilly
Flatsbilly is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift help.







alright folks. I could use a bit of help. I just bought the truck. Don't know how much of a loft is on it, but after hours of searching and running in an out with a tape measure, I come up with 2-2.5 inches. However, yes those are 38x12.50r15 tall swampers on it. The reason I ask is I am getting smaller more Street able tires as I want this as a d.d. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I believe the gears are still stock because it takes some time getting off the line.

1997 1500 Laramie Club Cab. 5.2 auto.
 

Last edited by Flatsbilly; 04-14-2019 at 09:28 PM.
  #2  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:39 PM
MoparFanatic21
MoparFanatic21 is offline
Champion
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,532
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Flatsbilly View Post






alright folks. I could use a bit of help. I just bought the truck. Don't know how much of a loft is on it, but after hours of searching and running in an out with a tape measure, I come up with 2-2.5 inches. However, yes those are 38x12.50r15 tall swampers on it. The reason I ask is I am getting smaller more Street able tires as I want this as a d.d. any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I believe the gears are still stock because it takes some time getting off the line.

1997 1500 Laramie Club Cab. 5.2 auto.
What do you want ideas on?
 
  #3  
Old 04-14-2019, 10:55 PM
Flatsbilly's Avatar
Flatsbilly
Flatsbilly is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 View Post
What do you want ideas on?
What size lift is on the truck.
 
  #4  
Old 04-15-2019, 12:12 AM
MoparFanatic21
MoparFanatic21 is offline
Champion
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,532
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Flatsbilly View Post
What size lift is on the truck.
2-3" in the front and 2" in the rear
 
  #5  
Old 04-15-2019, 08:31 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 57,683
Likes: 0
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 View Post
2-3" in the front and 2" in the rear
I agree.

Would be a good idea to check and see what gears are in there....... Looks like some fender carving happened there for clearance in front.
 
  #6  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:06 AM
Flatsbilly's Avatar
Flatsbilly
Flatsbilly is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
I agree.

Would be a good idea to check and see what gears are in there....... Looks like some fender carving happened there for clearance in front.
Thanks a bunch guys. That is what I came up with yesterday.

Yeah, the PO definitely did some trimming. I plan to get into the pumpkin to change the fluid and check the gears in the evening.
 
  #7  
Old 04-15-2019, 09:30 AM
HeyYou's Avatar
HeyYou
HeyYou is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Clayton MI
Posts: 57,683
Likes: 0
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Default

Let us know what ya find.

You can get a build sheet for your truck from here. That will tell you everything it came with from the factory.
 
  #8  
Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 AM
MoparFanatic21
MoparFanatic21 is offline
Champion
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,532
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
I agree.

Would be a good idea to check and see what gears are in there....... Looks like some fender carving happened there for clearance in front.
Fender carving!?!? How dare you! That is what America was founded on fabrication
 
  #9  
Old 04-17-2019, 09:17 PM
Flatsbilly's Avatar
Flatsbilly
Flatsbilly is offline
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HeyYou View Post
Let us know what ya find.

You can get a build sheet for your truck from here. That will tell you everything it came with from the factory.
3.55. gears look good, fluid was a bit different from what I know of 80w90. But I don't have a lot of experience. with posi rears. Fluid getting changed. 33's next week. Gotta get the pressure off the motor...lol
 
  #10  
Old 04-17-2019, 10:16 PM
MoparFanatic21
MoparFanatic21 is offline
Champion
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,532
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Flatsbilly View Post
3.55. gears look good, fluid was a bit different from what I know of 80w90. But I don't have a lot of experience. with posi rears. Fluid getting changed. 33's next week. Gotta get the pressure off the motor...lol
Im running 40s with 3.55s, no problems here
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lift help.


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: