2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

flexplate Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:08 AM
DEF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flexplate Question

Hey Guys I,m new here and have a question about the flex plate on my ram 1500 5.2. I pulled the engine and had it rebuilt. when I pulled the engine I left the trans in the truck.

I pulled the flex plate off be for I sent the engine off to be rebuilt. about a mouth later i got the engine back and started to put ever thing back on and put the engine back in.

Got the trans lined up but the Torque converter wont seat in to the crank shaft so now I can't thread the bolts in to the torque converter. every thing is lined up and there is space between the flex plate and torque converter.

is there a spacer between the crank and the flex plate. please help thanks .....

Old 04-22-2019, 08:06 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,205 Likes on 2,957 Posts

No spacer. Did you get the same engine back that you sent in? Is there a pilot bushing in the end of the crank? (used with manual transmissions.)

Old 04-22-2019, 05:05 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts

Not sure you can do this with the bolt layout, but is the flex plate reversed?

Old 04-23-2019, 07:07 PM
DEF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I did get the right engine back.and I called the machine shop and they told me its the same crankshaft and Torque converter. the flex plate only goes on one way. so I have to pull the engine back out so they can come and ck the measurement and tell me what it mite be.
thanks for the info

Quick Reply: flexplate Question