2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Opening Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 05:32 PM
Carter Armstrong
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opening Headlights

2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6 speed

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has opened their stock headlight housings before? I’ve got the main headlights separated but I just can’t seem to open up the side marker / turn signal housings. The heat gun method worked quick and easy for the headlight but neither the heat gun or the oven method seems to do it for the side marker housing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

(just opening them up to paint black in order to replace my cheap amazon halo headlights)

Old 04-28-2019, 10:53 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Carter Armstrong
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 6 speed

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has opened their stock headlight housings before? I’ve got the main headlights separated but I just can’t seem to open up the side marker / turn signal housings. The heat gun method worked quick and easy for the headlight but neither the heat gun or the oven method seems to do it for the side marker housing. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

(just opening them up to paint black in order to replace my cheap amazon halo headlights)
They might not be able to be separated

Old 04-30-2019, 04:46 PM
dapepper9
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Main lens is attached by soft butyl glue, as you've found. Corner lights are basically plastic welded together. Need a dremel. If it's not a sport I also wouldn't bother messing with stock lights anyways.

Quick Reply: Opening Headlights