2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'95 3500 V10 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 10:46 PM
MadScientist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 3500 V10 question

Hey guys,
I know it's been awhile since I've been around, but I've been lurking in the shadows, as I do.

I have come across something kind of interesting.

I have recently started having the dreaded transmission slip and I know my tranny is about to bite the big one. After pricing transmissions and pricing a rebuild I started hunting around to see if I could find something else that will get me by until I could rebuild the transmission and motor both in my 97.

That's when I ran across a 95 3500 Dually with a V10 and 5-speed.

Of course it's a 95 so it's going to have issues but I'm looking at it for two things.
1.) I need it to work long enough to get by while I'm rebuilding my transmission and motor in my 97
And
2.) From what I read so far, I would also like to rebuild the motor and the rear end in it and keep it around to use it to expand my moving and delivery business I own.

The main thing that I am wondering is, are there any known severe, expensive issues that I need to know about?

I am a bit concerned about the black above the exhaust in the rear.

Keep in mind, I've talked to the guy down taking $1,000 for it. (Apparently his wife is pissed about having 3 trucks in the drive and 4 in the yard behind the house.......)

I know it doesn't look the greatest, but that's easily fixed.

Last edited by MadScientist; 06-17-2019 at 10:57 PM. Reason: More information
Old 06-18-2019, 09:18 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Nice to "see" you again.

The 8.0 is actually a pretty reliable motor, mechanically. I regularly see them with well north of 200K miles on them, still running just fine. The problem becomes, some electrical parts are becoming EXTREMELY difficult to find. Coil packs, various sensors, etc. Some folks have converted them to use the newer OBDI coils and sensors..... but, that is a bit of an exercise.... Aside from that, no real major issues.

Quick Reply: '95 3500 V10 question