2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No buss Ccd

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Ryan Sumpter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No buss Ccd

99 dodge ram, 1500 5.9 V8 automatic trans 4x4
Truck starts, runs and drives perfectly fine. Issue occurs when the following: turn key to on position, will beep at me, abs, brake, gas light turns on/off, when truck is running at idle, the gauges will work fine then will die then start to work again, while driving issue mainly occurs when I'm off the accelerator or in 1st gear. while crusing and not in 1st gear, or highway speeds issue hardly occurs.

checked and replaced all fuses, relays are good, ran dash cluster test, codes are the following: 900 920 921 940 950 999.

The grounds In engine bay are char black, I think someone hooked up the battery backwards. Some grounds were disconnected or burnt off. I have connected the grounds, cleaned the grounds. I cannot find the ground going from the transmission to the engine or firewall. I have a junkyard PCM, I swapped the PCM, issue is still present.

I have a full engine wire harness, going to replace that today, any advice on where to go next will be appreciated.

Old 07-10-2019, 02:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

You have a loose connection on the CCD bus somewhere. That means the PCM, Central Timer Module, or, the backside of the Cluster.

Old 07-10-2019, 09:21 PM
Ryan Sumpter

found the primary issue. i fixed all the wires, truck is now not running properly, i replaced the crank sensor, going to put the old one back on and see where i stand, i dont want it to run until i get this fixed now. Idle is reslly rough.

Yarded all of this jank wiring and HOME AUDIO SYSTEM out of the truck. jesus people really amaze me.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:40 PM
Ryan Sumpter

issue has been resolved. PCM wire harness was rubbing on the cold air intake, I patched up the harness and wires and she drives great now, no more "No bus and CCd codes," Odo, Dash lights and gauges are working properly now.
Truck was running rough due to new autozone duralast engine crank sensor, dont buy from autozone problem solved.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:06 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,176 Likes on 2,929 Posts

Glad ya got it fixed.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:36 PM
Todd Westover
Default No instruments but runs great

Cant find my problem ... No Buss code on odometer .... runns great just no instruments lights or gauges

Old 09-18-2019, 11:05 PM
1974dodgeowner
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel the pain on the previous owner wiring thing. lol Some of the wacked out wiring I've had to extract from a dash just blows my mind.

Quick Reply: No buss Ccd