2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Possible Wiring problems????

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Kfarr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Possible Wiring problems????

Hello, I am posting this as a cry for help to the ram gods. I am having all sorts of electrical issues. recently purchased a 1998 2500 v10 2wd auto with 180k for way to good of a price. Was told the ac didn't work when I purchased, opened the hood and the pressure lines weren't hooked up. tested the blower motor worked on al settings. It has been about a month since I purchased, blower became intermittent, got frustrated replaced blower and resistor. continued to be intermittent. Earlier this week stopped working all together. I was also having issues with the turn signal switch. headlights had water in them when I purchased replaced housing and bulbs. Once replaced dash lights and drls stopped working unless switch is just barely pulled and not fully on in switch is pulled to headlight position , I have no tail lights dash lights or markers, turn signals and flashers still work. I have become extremely frustrated and have started throwing money at it. Currently I have replaced Ignition switch, Turn signal switch, Blower motor, Blower motor resistor, Alternator, all fuses and relays related to the lights and HVAC system. I have a new heater and AC control switch on its way Only $240.00!!! . I am not sure what else to do other than take I somewhere for a rewire. I am thinking it is a ground or a short somewhere, but I am not sure where to start looking. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:26 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,402 Likes on 3,142 Posts

Welcome to DF!

Get the factory service manual for your truck from here. Wiring diagrams are in section 8W. Take your issues one at a time, and start working thru them. Good chance that you will find the common problem, (if it exists, and they aren't all separate issues....) and things will start working. Probably wouldn't hurt by starting with checking and cleaning all the grounds. (and the service manual will show you where they all are.)

Quick Reply: Possible Wiring problems????