2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stalling with no load when running normal??

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 08:39 PM
JonMon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Delphi or Denso for pumps. Skip airtex, they suck.

OBDI stuff is getting HARD to find...... Most of what I find are outdated professional scanners that are now obsolete. They run north of 300 bucks though, unless you get really lucky.
Awesome thanks for the info!

Might have to settle for an obd 1 / 2 combo scanner and pray to God or whoever that the thing reads my ride lol

Old 08-05-2019, 10:31 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I can't remember if you checked for a plugged cat or muffler. I'd check if you haven't.

Old 08-06-2019, 08:55 AM
JonMon

Originally Posted by 2bit
I can't remember if you checked for a plugged cat or muffler. I'd check if you haven't.

Thanks bud yeah it's on my "things I can do for free" list.

I'm going to check the plugs and the plenum and the muffler ( my truck is cat free) and if the plugs are dark, and the muffler is clogged, I'll probably replace the O2 sensors, and the fuel pump & pressure regulator (when I get laid on 15th)

I did my fuel pump last year, but my buddy was saying that his friend went 400,000km without changing his fuel pump, and now it's an annual thing (I guess the aftermarket pumps for his car are ****)

I'm going to put the best fuel pump I can get and we'll see what happens.

At least with all the work I've done, the truck purrs like a pony... or something

Old 08-23-2019, 10:03 PM
JonMon
Thumbs up * update *

Well F*ck me guys, it was the fuel pump it seems.

I guess just because you changed a part out, doesn't mean much (depending on the brand anyways.)

I swapped out the fuel pump (by cutting a hold in my box bed instead of traditional methods) and took it for an hour long drive of stomping on the gas, winding my way up the mountain on a logging road and she ran great!

If you ever want to have an access panel to do your pump, cut a hole in the box after removing the liner, at measurements
(FROM CAB) 12"
(FROM DRIVERS SIDE INSIDE OF BOX) 15" & 31"

I did mine in under 2hrs and I am NO mechanic.

If you don't hear from me again, then I think the issues been solved.

Quick Reply: Stalling with no load when running normal??