2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Please help. What's wrong here?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 12:28 PM
JuneLee33
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help. What's wrong here?

Hello everyone. Today I noticed that there was a leak coming from under the hood of my '97 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L 4x4. After looking under the hood, I noticed where the leak was coming from but I don't know why it's leaking and what it's leaking. I took a few pictures, hoping that someone would know what the issue is and how to fix it. Thanks to anyone who can help.

This is the general area of where the leak is.

This is specifically where the leak is coming from.

This is a random tube that I found hanging. I predict that this may originally be from where the leak is.

Old 07-24-2019, 01:15 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by JuneLee33
Hello everyone. Today I noticed that there was a leak coming from under the hood of my '97 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L 4x4. After looking under the hood, I noticed where the leak was coming from but I don't know why it's leaking and what it's leaking. I took a few pictures, hoping that someone would know what the issue is and how to fix it. Thanks to anyone who can help.

This is the general area of where the leak is.

This is specifically where the leak is coming from.

This is a random tube that I found hanging. I predict that this may originally be from where the leak is.
The big cylinder is for your A/C. If that is leaking you won't have A/C. It's called the Accumulator

The little tube you circled by the big circle is the A/C drain. It will leak when toy have the AC on.

Lastly that little hose is for the front diff.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Yeah, the line with the plastic feller is the vent for the front diff. The vent cap is broken though..... might wanna see if you can replace that. Just tie the line itself up out of the way somewhere.

Old 07-25-2019, 10:21 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

If it's water and you're using your a/c, it's working properly. It's drying the air out and that's where it goes.

Quick Reply: Please help. What's wrong here?