2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power seat Swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 10:51 PM
Matthew_P
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power seat Swap

I am thinking about doing a power seat swap in my 2001 dodge ram 2500. The seats that I have now are not powered nor do they have the seat belt signals. I have the SLT model. Will it have pre-existing wiring? And where does this wiring run up to?

Old 08-18-2019, 11:25 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star
Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew_P
I am thinking about doing a power seat swap in my 2001 dodge ram 2500. The seats that I have now are not powered nor do they have the seat belt signals. I have the SLT model. Will it have pre-existing wiring? And where does this wiring run up to?
I added heated and power leather to my 02 SLT with base seats. In short no, the wiring is not there. Factory it ties into the harness and plugs into the fuse panel. I just opted to tie a relay off key power circuit and run the seats off battery power. Being heated leather I didn't have the necessary module that prevents the seats from running unless the engine is running so it was the closest I could get.

Easy side is there's only a power and ground you need to add if you're just adding power seats, everything else is self contained in the seats. Really straight forward if you're familiar with wiring, swapping the seats will be the hardest part.

Quick Reply: Power seat Swap