2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

determine correct DRL module for 96 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Brushy Bill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default determine correct DRL module for 96 ?

Bought a truck without working drl, switched out the module with a good used one with the same p/n and it worked...... for awhile
Wondering if the module is even the correct one, so before toasting another . How do I find proper p/n for this unit for my particular truck ?
Dealer only?

Old 08-18-2019, 11:50 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Brushy Bill
Bought a truck without working drl, switched out the module with a good used one with the same p/n and it worked...... for awhile
Wondering if the module is even the correct one, so before toasting another . How do I find proper p/n for this unit for my particular truck ?
Dealer only?
Personally I've never owned a DRL equipped truck, but to answer your question yes, I'd say dealer, though I don't see what difference would effect the DRL module there's not much vehicle specific to it in my opinion, my best guess would be be there's a short or something in your wiring somewhere burning it out, or something causing excessive current draw

Far as part#s if all the numbers match you should be good the AA AB AE ECT just refers to the revision level AE being the latest revision in my example. If yours is an AA maybe try to find a later version. Regardless it wouldn't hurt anything to verify part number.

Moparpartswarehouse.com or moparpartsoverstock.com provide a dealer level parts lookup also

Old 08-18-2019, 11:53 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

Curiosity got the better of me I took the liberty, moparoverstock only went back to 97, that shows a Part# 56021561

Quick Reply: determine correct DRL module for 96 ?