2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Utawesome

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 07:17 PM
esiemers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utawesome

I found some interesting info on the utawesome website. I've only recently been around the forums related to Mopar. Whether it's 2nd gen rams or magnum engines. The ideas he puts forward seem well thought out. And he's backing it up with real dyno pulls. I was wondering if anyone had done business with them? I think I would like to try those VRP plates.

Old 09-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Viperdave
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey thanks for posting the info

i checked out the website and lots of info there,

they seem to know what they are doing but one thing bothers me,

where they are located, what type of shop they have

i will never do business from just a website, show me an address where they are located and that gives a lot of credibility

i can put up the same web page with info and dyno results and run it right from my garage but that gives me zero credibility

im old school, rent the building, get the permits, get a business license, pay for real advertising and I will know that you are serious

back to modifications. The kegger mods look real interesting!!

anybody else here have some comments??

viperdave

Old 09-08-2019, 09:56 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I've been following him for awhile. He takes a common sense approach. I think the VRP would definitely help velocity in the manifold. I plan on trying them when I start working on the Oxidizer Special again. I've gotta get our Excursion back on the road first.

Old 09-08-2019, 11:33 PM
esiemers

Well I’m going to give it a try. I ordered the VRP and their valley pan. Also ordered a used kegger on eBay. Now I have to build a plenum repair plate. Media blast, TIG welding and powder coat

Old 09-09-2019, 12:36 AM
Viperdave
Professional
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey 2bit, you got a 95 4x4 with a 360? Let us know how the manifold mods work for ya
I got a 95. 360 also but I have EGR I don’t know if the manifold mods would work for me

i can’t open up the plenum like the NON EGR guys can but if there mods can work with it I’ll give it a try

viperdave

Old 09-09-2019, 08:52 AM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperdave
Hey 2bit, you got a 95 4x4 with a 360? Let us know how the manifold mods work for ya
I got a 95. 360 also but I have EGR I don’t know if the manifold mods would work for me

i can’t open up the plenum like the NON EGR guys can but if there mods can work with it I’ll give it a try

viperdave

It'll be quite awhile before I get that far. I thought I read that there's enough room to remove material to fit the VRP and keep the EGR. That or get a newer style manifold and block the EGR depending on where you live. Check out Marty's website http://utawesomeperformance.com/kegger-vrp.html

Old 10-20-2019, 04:59 PM
MrLynx

Been intrested in doing something with my kegger, Not sure if the info is already posted on a thread elsewhere or not but is there any info on how the Vrp mod compares to the diy cutting the kegger mod. obviously both are with the intent of improvement but they are going in totally different directions. has anyone done a comparrison of the two?

Quick Reply: Utawesome