2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

95 Ram V10 Throttle Mounting Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 10:41 PM
Nicole f
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
Thanks, Racefan. I need to look closer. Thought they spared that one. I had to repair three of the fuel injector connectors. I'm going to run through the hoses and get what I need to fix those.

Thanks HeyYou, I'll see what I can find to repair those hoses.
Hey Ron did you ever find out what the problem was with that bolt?? I just ran into the same exact scenario with my ram today and can't figure it out!

Old 01-13-2020, 02:09 PM
racefan41
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicole f
Hey Ron did you ever find out what the problem was with that bolt?? I just ran into the same exact scenario with my ram today and can't figure it out!
I'm curious what's going on here too. I just had my upper intake off a few weeks back, but was able to get that bolt out and back in alright. With that said, when I took that one bolt out, it was crusted up from what I believe was antifreeze. I didn't see anywhere that it was coming from or notice any antifreeze in liquid form. I put a little rtv on the threads and put in back in and now hoping for the best. Not noticing any antifreeze loss so far. I may have just made it interesting to get it back out if/when I take it apart again.

Did you discover anything yet?

Old 01-13-2020, 02:21 PM
Nicole f
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racefan41
I'm curious what's going on here too. I just had my upper intake off a few weeks back, but was able to get that bolt out and back in alright. With that said, when I took that one bolt out, it was crusted up from what I believe was antifreeze. I didn't see anywhere that it was coming from or notice any antifreeze in liquid form. I put a little rtv on the threads and put in back in and now hoping for the best. Not noticing any antifreeze loss so far. I may have just made it interesting to get it back out if/when I take it apart again.

Did you discover anything yet?
Personally i haven't figured it out yet. I'm going ti remove the upper intake this weekend and try to figure out what's going on in there. Until then the truck is out of order 😭

Old 01-13-2020, 02:44 PM
racefan41
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicole f
Personally i haven't figured it out yet. I'm going ti remove the upper intake this weekend and try to figure out what's going on in there. Until then the truck is out of order 😭
Don't forget to torque your valve cover bolts down when you have the intake off, or even better, put a new gasket on there. My bolts had backed out and where pretty loose. I also found that it helped to hold up on the bolts (toward the firewall that wont pull all the way out), and wrap a piece of tape around them to keep them held up so they don't snag up when pulling the intake out.

Quick Reply: 95 Ram V10 Throttle Mounting Bracket