2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Got A Doozy This Time

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 08:42 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 585 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by xthehavokx
Yeah im starting to lean more toward getting the oem master rebuild kit which is another 200$ not the end of the world. I think im going to drop the trans and see what all is going on. Maybe if i swap out the old trany fluid in the lines with new fluid into a clean bucket i can better tell if theres water in it then decide if im going to get the rebuild kit or not. Can there be chunks of band material in the filter without water being the issue? Can just the hard shifting that was going on make that happen? Can i drain the trany lines and pressure test them relatively easily? What do you think my next course of action should be? Thanks!

You'll definitely need to flush the cooling lines out. If for no other reason than to get all the junk out. I'd pressure test the radiator for sure. A radiator shop can pressure test it. If you don't have one, now would be a good time to add an auxiliary cooler.

The following users liked this post:
xthehavokx (10-17-2019)

Quick Reply: Got A Doozy This Time