2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Xenon Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 02:57 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Xenon Lights

Ok I bought a pair of the Nokya Stage II 9004 Artic White bulbs from Circuit City. They are 100watt low beam and 120 watt high beam or atleast thats what they claim I find that hard to believe. Well upon installation I thought they were awesome they look cool the color is awesome. Well I had 2 and a half hours to drive tonight so I got to really test them out. Well they look cool and have a nice color to them way better than stock but they arn't that bright I don't think they are as bright as the stock lights. They may be but no brighter I was hoping the higher wattage would be a little brighter. Well you can't see as well. I have the stock foglights and they light up the road brightly then these which kind of just blend in with the pavement. I think part of it is the color but still. I think my Eurolites my Honda might be as bright if not brighter and they are stock wattage ofcourse it isn't high up in the air either and the housings are differn't. I don't know if adjusting would help or not.

I was not really thrilled and when I get back I think I may return them to CC. I really like the color but not so crazy about the brightness I can't decide if I like them better than stock or not.

One of my headlights is getting fogged up also so I'm sure that doesn't help but it was fogged up with the stock lights I'm comparing them to and these still seem dimmer.

Anyone else had problems with them fogging up? It's the OEM headlight from the dealer. The previous owner had both headlamps replaced for doing this when it was under warrenty now it's doing it again just it isn't under warrenty this time.

I took a few pictures but not at home so on dial up and they take too long to load. I can't seem to ever get them to show up right though and really show the correct color of the light. I really like the color of these bulbs just not impressed at all with the output.

Old 01-02-2006, 03:43 AM
ebxgsxr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have HID's in my car...and nothing can compare. if you want better light, you cant beat HID.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:33 PM
1969roadrunner
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone seen the products on www.brightheadlights-hid.com ? They are expensive as hell, but I am looking at purchashing a set of HID lights for my RoadRunner, if not that, then a set of Diamond Cut, Crytal Clear conversion kits (to replace the crappy sealed beam ones) and a set of the HID bulbs you can find on the affore mentioned website.

They don't make an HID setup for a ram, but a set of those HID bulbs would do the trick, I'm sure, especially with Sport headlights...

Quick Reply: Xenon Lights