2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Xenon Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 04:22 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xenon Lights

I was looking at ordering some Xenon Plasma Blue headlights and foglights from Euro Designz. Anyone have any experence with these bulbs? Or just any xenon bulbs in general? Any input appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-16-2005, 04:59 PM
delvo85
Rookie
Default RE: Xenon Lights

hey man i have had aeperience wit xenon lights, i would recommend you street gow is alight, not true blue if that is what you are looking for. But here is a link to a sight that I have ordered these luminics bulbs from they are blue and alor of light http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...9a544f095c091b or just search around and see what you like. Also nokya bulbs are good my cousin has some on her honda n they are really cool to.

Old 12-16-2005, 07:05 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have written several long paragraphs on other forums about these. There are articles proving that they actually provide less light output than stock. So if all your looking for is light output I'd either go with HID's or stay stock. That being said I was willing to lose a slight bit of light output for a whiteish blueish look. I have not tried Euro Designz bulbs but do have a friend that put there yellow ones in his Chevy S-10 Extreme and now has them in a Honda Accord. He totalled his truck and the bulbs survived through that and he then put them in the Honda. He said they lasted slightly over 2 years and through a pretty bad wreck and finally after 2 years one burnt out. He like them a lot and said you could see better with them but they were pretty yellow. I didn't personally see the low beams on.

I have not used Nokya or Street Glow ones that the previous poster talks about either although one of them is likely to be my next set. The Honda forum I visit a lot of the guys have had bad luck with the Nokya's but some like them. Crow over on Pavementsucks.com seems to swear by the Street Glows.

Be aware by going with a higher wattage bulbs there is a good chance you will melt your wiring unless you upgrade it Nokya makes harnesses that are for High wattage bulbs. There is also a chance that you will melt the housings but people seem to be less concerned about that.

Ok on to the bulbs I have tried. Note these were in my Honda not my Dodge. When my stock bulb burnt out after 5 or 6 years in my Honda Accord I ordered a set of Eurolite Super Plasma bulbs. I just wanted the low beams but accidentally ordered the high beams instead and was in a pinch to get another set so put those in and then bought another set that day of low beams. Upon putting them in I was a little dissapointed as they didn't really have any color to them. They wern't yellow like the stock ones although might have been a tad bit but not much at all. They were a lot brighter but then my stockers were old and dimmed. Compared to a new bulb they seemed a little brighter but not a huge differnce. They looked decent but you really couldn't tell much differnce from stock other than brighter. All was good for about 2 months when one burnt out. They had a 1 year warrenty back then. I called and the store I bought them from sent me a new set. The other side also burnt out. I installed these and thought maybe I had gotten a bad set as I did not touch the bulbs. Well I'll be damned if these things didn't burn out again right around the 2 month mark. I got fed up and put the stock low beams in but I did keep my high beams in which had not yet burnt out. Well the high beams lasted slightly over 2 years before one burnt out. I was pretty impressed with the high beams so ordered another set. I got them and it appears they have changed them as from looking at the bulb you could see there wasn't as much purple tint to them. I put them in and they were a lot yellower than the old ones. I was very dissapointed. I took them out shortly after so don't know how long they lasted. I wouldn't really reccomend these bulbs.

After getting tired of my stock low beams I bought a set of Farenheit Super Whites in. Upon putting them in I noticed they really wern't blue at all. They were slightly whiter than the stock bulbs but still some yellow. These were brighter than the stock lights and seemed like you could see better and but really no color to these. I ran them for 3-4 months before I took them out looking for more color. So I don't know how long they will last I'm keeping them for spares. I also ran a H4 in my ATV and have run it a few months also and its been fine so far.
Here is the Farenheit lit up.

These are the ones I used

Here is what the looked like compared to stock although it's hard to tell a differnce you can sligthly around the edges

Overall I'd reccomend these bulbs unless your looking for color then I wouldn't really reccomend these. Farenheit does have another set of bulbs that are supposed to be bluer I havne't used them though I just saw them at a store.

After the Farenheits I tried some Eurolite Crystals despite me saying I wouldn't buy another Eurolite product and having bad luck with my interior bulbs turing blue to yellowish from them also.

Well a friend had had a set previously in her van of these only the high wattage ones and they were really pretty blue and bright. She says they were better than stock on clear nights but when it rained they were horrible. They lasted around 10 months to a year before the burnt out. I put a set of the 9006 low wattage ones in my Honda Accord. Upon installing one I was wowed by how blue it was compared to the other side and was hoping they wern't so blue I would get a ticket. Well after putting both of these in they started looking white without a lot of blue just a pure crystal white with no yellow but not blue either. Some local cars have bulbs that are blue and I mean pure blue the light up the road blue and look blue with little white when looking at them. I kind of wanted these. I don't know what they are running. I also don't think they were as blue as my friends high wattage ones she had had but don't know if it was because of lower wattage of if it is because they changed them over the year like the Super Plasma's or what it was. They did light up the road with a blue tint instead of yellowish like the stockers. They didn't seem quite as bright as stock but not much worse and were worth it as they looked much better.

I ran these for 3-4 months like the others before deciding to try and get that blue look and ordered some Eurolite Fusions. Cardomain said they were 4500k versus the Crystals that were 3500k. I don't think the Fusions are anywhere near 4500k especially if the Crystals are only 3500k.

Here are a few pics of those.
The Farenheit is on the left and the Crystal on the right I don't think they look that blue though especially with both bulbs in. Actually comparing these to what I said stock was the Farenheits. The car must also be at an angle here as there isn't that much difference in brightness.

Here are what the package looks like

Here are both of them lit
I'm not sure if the outside light is on in these pics or not but thats about what they look like to me with both in.

Ok I got my Eurolite Fusions. I had gotten 2 sets of 9005's one to replace the Eurolite Super Plasma high beams I was running and very dissapointed with and one to finally do the 9005 to low beam conversion I had been wanting to do. I put one of these in to compare to the Crystals and I couldn't tell a differnce at all. I was a little dissapointed as I thought these would be a lot bluer since car domain said the color temp was so much higher. Well they looked the same. I'm still running these and have been for 5-6 months with no problems. They seem to be slightly bluer before the warm up but still then they are white with a hint of blue. You can see a big differnce between the stock lights and when looking at them from another car like my truck with the windows tinted through the tint they really look bright and blue versus the stock cars they just look yellow.

If you want pure blue like neon blue like some cars these might not be for you. If you want white with some blue without much of a loss in preformance I'd suggest these or the Crystals out of what I have tried. I don't know how much the housings have made a differnce with these.

Here is a picture of the package of these

Here is with the high and low beams both on

Here is what they look like off in the housings

here are the low beams against the garage door One headlight that I modded didn't fit in correctly thats why its off

Here is a picture of my truck with stock bulbs to compare with. The look similar in pics to me but the Eurolites are no where near the same color as the trucks.

Overall I would reccomend the Crystals or Fusions if your looking for a white bulb with a hint of blue. For pure blue I don't know what to reccomend as I haven't found one although Luminics Pure Plues look pretty blue from the pics although lots of people have had problems with them buring out.

I have been thinking of getting a set of Street Glows or Nokya's for my truck but am tired of spending money on bulbs. I will test those if I get them but may not.

Those are all the bulbs I've tested because like I said these things get expensive and I'm kind of tired of spending my money on them.

Old 12-17-2005, 03:43 AM
delvo85
Rookie

hey man with all do respect to the recent post I hate to say this but the eurolite bulbs I owned one pair on my chevy and this is my opinion only.I dont thank they are good at all,your stock bulbs are probably brighter than the eurolite's. But I will take some pics of the nokya's and the streetglows so you can see which ones you might like, the streetglow I have owned them for about 15mo. and they have not blown or burnt out they are pretty good.

Old 12-17-2005, 04:57 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

None of the blue bulbs are brighter than stock even though they may appear there have been several articles about how blue is the worst color to use for lighting.

I have heard nothing but good about Street Glows.

Nokya's on the other hand I've heard lots of reports of them not lasting long and not being good at all in bad weather but being great in clear weather.

I want the Street Glows but am considering the Nokya's because I can get them locally. I'd love to see some pics of both.

If anyone wants to send me some other bulbs to review I'd hapily do so lol.

Old 12-18-2005, 02:49 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

Hey thanks for the input but it really did me no good. I asked if anyone had experience with euro dezigns and got nothing about them
thanks anyway

Old 12-18-2005, 02:53 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

You said or any other bulb. Other than the Yellow ones I don't know anyone that does. I don't think youll get a lot of replies about these bulbs as most people don't like xenon bulbs.

I have heard several people on other forums say the blue ones were decent but still not much differn't in color from the stock bulbs.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:46 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

Stay with stock...or go with silverstar headlamp & foglamp bulbs. hometheaterman is right in his post, and it does apply to the bulbs you are asking about. Xenon bulbs in general aren't very good. I have a set of "cool blue" bulbs in one of my beater cars and they suck compared to the stock bulbs that were in there. And they pale greatly in comparison to the silverstars in my other vehicles.

Old 12-18-2005, 10:09 PM
delvo85
Rookie

well here is the pics dat i took from da bulbs.

The first one are the streetglow, not that much blue but they are aight.

The second the one on the left is the nokya vs the streetglow on the right.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23038/6948CDC2CC184D43A60F1CB6F6A79B3D.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23038/AA8FA15B609944C4AF62B79707F3F346.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/23038/8E85C661FF9344FAA2EC00170B787D77.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-19-2005, 01:36 AM
theshocker
Veteran

I have the euro dezign bulbs in both my head lights and fog lights. The head lights were a definent improvement but the fog lights,(although the bulb is blue.) output looks the same as stock. The one thing about the headlights though is that when you put them on bright nothing changes. It is as if there isn't two filiments in the bulb, but there is. But the low beams put out plenty of light plus I have a set of lights on my bull bar if I need a little extra. Out side of that I have had no problems with these lights. I actually have a few buddys that have them as well. Plus, they have a life time warranty. You can't beat that! Hope I helped.

Quick Reply: Xenon Lights