2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS & Brake lights in dash are on

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 08:24 AM
Pepsiboy
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
I know when I do it I attach the wire to ground an then jam in it pin #13 sometimes it takes a few tries. When it does ground the light will dim for a second. I remove it and it flashes.
MoparFanatic21,
That is what I did, also. When I grounded pin #13, the light dimmed for about 1 second ten went back to bright without any flashes. NO CODES. I guess next step is to take to stealer when budget allows and have them figure it out. I'll just have to live with it for now.

Dave

Last edited by Pepsiboy; 03-04-2020 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:39 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepsiboy
MoparFanatic21,
That is what I did, also. When I grounded pin #13, the light dimmed for about 1 second ten went back to bright without any flashes. NO CODES. I guess next step is to take to stealer when budget allows and have them figure it out. I'll just have to live with it for now.

Dave
How long did you wait for it to flash? Seriously dude this is exactly what the dealer is going to do. As most dealers don't even carry the DRB3 tool anymore and the new Wifi Direct tool doesn't support these tricks. I just don't want you to waste money

Old 03-05-2020, 07:39 AM
Pepsiboy
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
How long did you wait for it to flash? Seriously dude this is exactly what the dealer is going to do. As most dealers don't even carry the DRB3 tool anymore and the new Wifi Direct tool doesn't support these tricks. I just don't want you to waste money
MoparFanatic21,

After grounding pin #13, the ABS light dimmed for about 2 seconds, then went back to bright. I must have waited for at least 3 minutes, but nothing happened. I turned off the key, waited about 2 minutes, turned on the key, waited for about 1 minute, depressed the brake pedal until the ABS and BRAKE lights came on. Ten i grounded pin #13 momentarily again. Te ABS light dimmed for about 2 seconds then went bright again. This time i waited a full 5 minutes and there were no flashes. I'm just tired of fussing with it and will be letting it sit until I can afford to put it into the shop.

Thanks, again, for the help and suggestions.

Dae

Old 03-05-2020, 10:39 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Pepsiboy
MoparFanatic21,

After grounding pin #13, the ABS light dimmed for about 2 seconds, then went back to bright. I must have waited for at least 3 minutes, but nothing happened. I turned off the key, waited about 2 minutes, turned on the key, waited for about 1 minute, depressed the brake pedal until the ABS and BRAKE lights came on. Ten i grounded pin #13 momentarily again. Te ABS light dimmed for about 2 seconds then went bright again. This time i waited a full 5 minutes and there were no flashes. I'm just tired of fussing with it and will be letting it sit until I can afford to put it into the shop.

Thanks, again, for the help and suggestions.

Dae
Wait so the lights don't come on until the pedal is pressed? Also you can drive with them lights on (as long as you have brakes lol) Judy won't have ABS. I did for months until I figured out what it was. Turned out new battery terminals made three lights go out.

Quick Reply: ABS & Brake lights in dash are on