2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46RE Overdrive

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 07:43 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

When the PCM wants overdrive, it grounds that circuit. You want you test lite in line with the ground side of the circuit. (or, just tap power somewhere, and put the other end of the test light into the wire going back to the PCM. Lite on means the PCM wants o/d.)

Old 02-15-2020, 04:55 AM
dlochore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
When the PCM wants overdrive, it grounds that circuit. You want you test lite in line with the ground side of the circuit. (or, just tap power somewhere, and put the other end of the test light into the wire going back to the PCM. Lite on means the PCM wants o/d.)
Hi, put trans back together and still the same no 3-4 shift. But is now showing codes p0753 and p1765. Tried different relay. Relay out, has 12v on 1 and when started 13ish on another. At highway speed stays in 3rd but if you let off the gas rpm drops nearly to idle and comes straight back up if you switch od off. Bearing in mind I'm a graphic artist not a trans guy, is there more testing I can try
​​​​​​? Thanks for your help so far

Old 02-15-2020, 05:13 AM
dlochore
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Hi, put trans back together and still the same no 3-4 shift. But is now showing codes p0753 and p1765. Tried different relay. Relay out, has 12v on 1 and when started 13ish on another. At highway speed stays in 3rd but if you let off the gas rpm drops nearly to idle and comes straight back up if you switch od off. Bearing in mind I'm a graphic artist not a trans guy, is there more testing I can try
​​​​​​? Thanks for your help so far

Quick Reply: 46RE Overdrive