2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Seat Broken

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 02:58 PM
racefan41
Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Power Seat Broken

Anyone know if there's a way to manually move the seat back without doing a bunch of disassembly? I moved my seat all the way forward today to get my saw out of the back and now it wont go back. I popped the switch apart and looks like there might be some corrosion on the contact. Then I tried to apply power straight to the seat motor and wasn't getting anything to budge there either. All I know is it's too cold here right now to much more digging into it. I had no idea I could still fit in the truck and drive it with my seat maxed forward lol.

Old 02-13-2020, 02:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Pull the seat and take it inside where it's warm to work on it.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:06 PM
racefan41
Captain

That's not a bad idea. I figure I'm gonna have to either get a motor or a switch and by the time I get either one, they say the temps will be reasonable. Seems like they should have a crank sort of deal on those to move it, but I don't see anything that stands out.

Old 02-13-2020, 03:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

On some, there is a **** on the back side of the motor you can turn by hand. I don't think you are that lucky though.

Old 02-14-2020, 05:51 PM
racefan41
Captain

Duh, I thought about it later and realized I didn't ground the other prong on the plug to the motor when I supplied direct power. It had to have been the 6 degree temps that made me forget. Anyway, got it to go back and that's where its gonna stay for a while, I'm gonna store my saw behind the manual operated passenger side seat. The switch is bad and easy enough to find a replacement, but the motor is a different story.

Quick Reply: Power Seat Broken