2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 ram questions (turn signal and key)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 02:46 PM
AlleyCrawler
Rookie
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah they didnt seem too bad to take apart when I did it either. Had to replace the passenger handle itself. I'll put up for it for now but long term I want to replace the door or the guts of these doors with the power components so ill hold off til I have those parts. Truck is wired and the plugs are all there just the guy I bought it off wanted the doors.

Old 03-27-2020, 03:01 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AlleyCrawler
Hmmm. Interesting on the key part. Bought a truck with only one key and an immobilizer so wondered about getting an extra key for it made up. Probably have to find a way to get another immobilizer FOB but would be nice to have a spare key around.

Not to piggyback off the topic but anyone every try replacing the ignition / door lock cylinders in their vehicle? Doors on my daily(98 1500 Sport) came off a 95 ram so I have a key to open the doors and a key to start it but I could try taking the ignition out of the other spare truck... should work fine?

Swap out the door locks, they are easy to replace. But if you are going to get new doors I would just swap them out when you get the new ones

Quick Reply: 97 ram questions (turn signal and key)