2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pulling IOD fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 04:45 PM
Liddlez
Veteran
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pulling IOD fuse?

Hello, I was wondering if there was special “trick” to pull the IOD fuse? Recently my electronics within my RAM stopped working, and I’m assuming it was the fuse. However, I can’t seem to pull it out all the way. Thank you!

This is a reference photo from another DF member since I am unable to take a picture of my own. Thank you.

Old 05-31-2020, 05:37 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Liddlez
Hello, I was wondering if there was special “trick” to pull the IOD fuse? Recently my electronics within my RAM stopped working, and I’m assuming it was the fuse. However, I can’t seem to pull it out all the way. Thank you!

This is a reference photo from another DF member since I am unable to take a picture of my own. Thank you.
Just push them yellow tabs down and pull, that's it.

Old 06-01-2020, 04:56 PM
Liddlez
Veteran
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I couldn’t completely remove the tabs, but I removed the fuse manually with pliers. Thank you so much!

Old 06-01-2020, 07:56 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Liddlez
I couldn’t completely remove the tabs, but I removed the fuse manually with pliers. Thank you so much!
Yeah mine takes some wiggling to get out and I broke one of the tabs. I believe it is there for an identifier as they don't hold the fuse in

Quick Reply: Pulling IOD fuse?