2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Left Front Speaker screech

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 03:39 PM
rmharris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Left Front Speaker screech

Hey guys, have an issue with the left front speaker making a loud screeching noise intermittently. Seems to start with certain tones from the music, but doesnt happen everyday, but when it does it can be consistant. Ive changed the speaker and no luck.

The volume can be all the way down and will still send out a loud screech no matter what source the stereo is on. Ive changed the connectors at the speaker. I found what seems to be a heat sink inside the door that all the window switches, door lock switch and speaker wire feed through that is very hot. I think this may be the issue, but i dunno what its even called. I will attach a picture of it if someone has can help me out. Im not sure if this is the culprit as all my other speakers are fine.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:46 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

That’s the infinity on-speaker amplifier.
They’re known to fail.
Get rid of them... there’s several write ups on bypassing them.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:40 PM
rmharris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spillage
That’s the infinity on-speaker amplifier.
They’re known to fail.
Get rid of them... there’s several write ups on bypassing them.
Thanks, I was hoping it was something that could be bypassed. Just wasn't sure what it did

Quick Reply: Left Front Speaker screech