2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

408 Stroker Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 06:46 PM
denn69
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesus!! Just saw that Dyno. Diesel is awesome. I should have went that route. My brother has a Ford F-250 (sucks to be him) diesel and it’s tuned to the hilt. It moves!! Can’t beat them for the power. That’s a nice one Mike. Really nice.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Mike Holmen
Professional
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by denn69
Jesus!! Just saw that Dyno. Diesel is awesome. I should have went that route. My brother has a Ford F-250 (sucks to be him) diesel and it’s tuned to the hilt. It moves!! Can’t beat them for the power. That’s a nice one Mike. Really nice.
Thanks, but thats years ago. That truck ate transmissions, had to get it rebuilt every other year. A good way to spend $5-8k every couple years, so I know your transmission pain. I got 452000 miles out of her and one of my buddies decided he wanted to buy it off me. I had a bunch of 2nd gens trucks over the years. My current 2nd is a 5.2L gaser (just cause I get free gas from work, heh). Probably my best truck was a 98 dodge 2500 12v five speed, loaded 4wd, twin turbo. I will try to find the picture.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:38 AM
denn69
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Update

Hey Fellas, so a quick update. I spoke with Flyin Ryan and he went through my set up a bit and advised on some changes. He said that the 3" single is bottle necking my motor and the throttle body (52MM) is a bit small. Quote Below:Your numbers are about on par with what I'd expect from that combo. I dont know about picking up more low end tq from that combo, 3" single is a bottle neck. Our dyno testing revealed that a muffler on a 3"single exhaust (let alone 3" piping itself can only support about 250 whp without being a restriction) lost about 15-18 whp on a 350 whp engine on my chassis dyno. I usually recommend for people to go to a 58mm TB it is the only TB available that is plug and play that can properly support a 408. a 52 is fine for mild builds , I'm of the opinion a stroker needs something bigger.

He also stated that the 24lb injector that i have is probably on the edge of its ability to support my motor and a switch to 30lb should help. So, I will be listing a Hipotek 52MM throttle body and ford purple 24lb injectors in the classified section and picking up a new throttle body and injectors. They have less than 300mi on them!!! Contacted five o motorsports and they have a set that will work fine. Also FBthrottlebodies has the bigger throttle body. Also recommended I keep the Stall converter, and said that I may find that with a different tune and a bit more power it may suit my needs a bit better. So I will be listing the Precision of New Hampton Converter as well. Never thought I would ever be this deep into a pickup truck. I dont remember having this much into my old 69 Camaro LOL.

Quick Reply: 408 Stroker Exhaust