2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hard starting, won't idle.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 07:17 AM
Kay_tar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The relationship between which cylinder is firing, where the distributor is turned, and where the crank is, is very important. Number one cylinder is marked on the cap, and it NEEDS to be there. (and yup, its fun to see....) Has the distributor been moved/replaced?
This truck is a recent purchase and I drove it home knowing it had a bad coil (like a 2 mile drive to my house) So it ran like poop prior. Once I got it home I checked over everything related to the ignition since I was replacing the coil anyway. I noticed the wires were next to brand new as well as super clean plugs so I also checked the rotor button cap etc which again was all super clean. I'm guessing the older gentleman made had taken care of the truck. So I messed up and just had wire #1 on #8 position off throwing everything out of wack. Whoops, my bad.

Old 06-27-2020, 10:49 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,393 Likes on 3,133 Posts

That'll do it. Not like things are easy to see back there.

Quick Reply: Hard starting, won't idle.