2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

fender trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 02:57 PM
c manzella
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fender trouble

i bought a 99 1500 for 800, i got it cheap because it was in an accicent, basically it has front end damage and i want to replace the fenders so i can put the new headlights in. but the outer and inner fenders are welded together from the factory but when you buy new ones they arent. looking for the best way to line up and attach them. i dont have a spot welder and i dont think rivets will work too well for this

Old 06-26-2020, 05:10 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by c manzella
i bought a 99 1500 for 800, i got it cheap because it was in an accicent, basically it has front end damage and i want to replace the fenders so i can put the new headlights in. but the outer and inner fenders are welded together from the factory but when you buy new ones they arent. looking for the best way to line up and attach them. i dont have a spot welder and i dont think rivets will work too well for this
You have a few options.
1. Junkyard fenders
2. Get the whole fender assembly
3. Weld then together if you have a regular welder

Old 06-27-2020, 12:08 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

I recently replaced one of my front fenders due to rust and was luck and found a good used fender at a local self-serve salvage yard. It was even the same color as the original and the price was very reasonable. You may also need to trim the headlight opening, depending on what type of headlight you're using. I installed sport style headlights and I needed to cut a good bit of metal out to allow for the deeper sport headlight assembly to fit my fender.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:05 AM
MMark
Rookie
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What these guys said, junk yard or Craigslist. Junkyards are the way to go. Yards here sell them for 55.00-70.00 bucks and its worth it to avoid doing the body work. Drivers side is a little more time intensive than the passenger, but it’s a straight forward job.

Quick Reply: fender trouble