2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problem with oil sensore

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 10:08 PM
Cole Stevens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Problem with oil sensore

Got a 5.2 mag, my oil sensor goes crazy when I drive it for a short amount of time. It use to last longer b4 the sensor would blink on and off. Especially when it's hot as hell out. It only does it when I'm stopped or put in reverse never when I'm driving. ( knock on wood) i brought it to a shop but the guy said the sensor was good, didnt give me any detail on if it was sludgy or not. The truck is a 95 dodge ram 1500. It sat for over 4 years b4 i bought it. I changed to spark plugs, oil and air filter. B4 i bought it my cousin had it but he dont take care of anything. The oil was black as hell and thick but not as thick as i was expecting. Any way how can i get the remaining sludge out. I have had the truck for about 8 months now. Also i got repairs on my transmission found out it was the wiring harness so it shifts now. But the only problem is i have to raise my foot off the throttle a little bit to get it to shift, this happens when I dont ham the throttle but when I take off quick it shifts ok. Could this be a sensor as well? When I take off slowly it shifted at different RPMs everytime sometimes 1500 or 2000 or higher than 2000 other times below 1000 and getting into the other gears it will shift under 2000 sometimes closer to 1000 then it will shift into 4th. How can I fix this annoying issue?

Old 07-23-2020, 08:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

What year is your truck?

Just replace the oil pressure sensor. What you are experiencing is a typical failure mode for them.

Quick Reply: Problem with oil sensore