2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magnefine filter location.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2020, 09:39 AM
Xombi
Professional
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Magnefine filter location.

On plumbing the Magnefine transmission filter on the return or suction side I thought that the filter could go in front, where fluid leaves the new accessory transmission cooler before returning to the transmission.
Cooler to filter to metal hose. Keeping all the soft hoses and possible leaks in one area. Easily seen. This suggestion was imparted to me by none other then the "Bat Boy" himself.

Thanks to all in the past year who have been so generous with their shared time and wisdom. Felitz Navidad. And Better Days.

The following users liked this post:
MoparFanatic21 (12-24-2020)
Old 12-25-2020, 10:02 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

You can put rare earth magnets in the pan also. It will keep the debris from going into the pump if it gets past the factory filter.

Old 12-25-2020, 10:13 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Xombi
On plumbing the Magnefine transmission filter on the return or suction side I thought that the filter could go in front, where fluid leaves the new accessory transmission cooler before returning to the transmission.
Cooler to filter to metal hose. Keeping all the soft hoses and possible leaks in one area. Easily seen. This suggestion was imparted to me by none other then the "Bat Boy" himself.

Thanks to all in the past year who have been so generous with their shared time and wisdom. Felitz Navidad. And Better Days.

I always like to have the fluid travel from the transmission to the filter, to the radiator then the auxiliary cooler then back to the transmission. This will keep any junk from getting into the coolers. Just one source of future contamination.

Magnets like Moparite said are always a good idea. I get the large ceramic magnets at the hardware store and put them on oil pans, oil filters, transmission pans and metal fuel tanks. They will collect any ferrous metal particles floating around. Even really tiny ones that the filter wouldn't catch. I pulled a tank out of a Camaro I used to have to swap it to another, less rusty one I got. When I pulled the fuel float, I looked inside and there were two magnets on it and each had a large rust flower built up.

Quick Reply: Magnefine filter location.