2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Left Rear Fender

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 01:13 PM
gusdogsr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Left Rear Fender

I have a 1994 Dodge RAM 3500 dually. I 'crunched the left rear fender to the point where it needs to be replaced -- too much flex-cracking in very difficult to repair areas. My body shop cannot currently source a replacement. Is there anyone out there that has had a similar problem?

I first thought these fenders were of a fiberglass material, but once the fender was removed it appears to be some kind of plastic composition to where FG resins would not adhere very well.

Any thoughts out there -- there are so many of these trucks out there that someone must have gotten through this issue.

Thanks -- Randy

Old 12-30-2020, 01:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

LMC Truck lists them, and they even show in stock, problem is, they don't really differentiate between the 1500/2500 and the 3500, and we all know for a fact there are differences..... Maybe call 'em, see what they have to say?

The following users liked this post:
jonasmacs (11-01-2022)
Old 12-30-2020, 09:33 PM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 103 Likes on 98 Posts

Tasca still lists them, they are a big dealership group so they really might have some sitting somewhere (I got a part from them for my 4th gen when it was on backorder at all the FCA parts centers). Be prepared for sticker shock though....
https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...e-lh-5003145aa

Old 12-31-2020, 10:58 AM
gusdogsr

Originally Posted by HeyYou
LMC Truck lists them, and they even show in stock, problem is, they don't really differentiate between the 1500/2500 and the 3500, and we all know for a fact there are differences..... Maybe call 'em, see what they have to say?
I called them -- the dually fenders are not in stock and they do not have any suppliers to obtain these parts to restock.

Old 12-31-2020, 11:06 AM
gusdogsr

After searching for most of the day I did find a supplier for these at: http://duallyfendersfiberglasstruck.com/_Home_2.html

Price is $490 + shipping. They are out of Houston TX. I will add a report on the quality of this part when it arrives.

Randy

Old 12-18-2021, 01:01 PM
gusdogsr

Originally Posted by gusdogsr
After searching for most of the day I did find a supplier for these at: http://duallyfendersfiberglasstruck.com/_Home_2.html

Price is $490 + shipping. They are out of Houston TX. I will add a report on the quality of this part when it arrives.

Randy

Well, I bought and had that FG fender shipped to my bodyshop, It took nearly (2) months to get it, even though they told me on the phone they had them on the shelf. I think it wasn't on the shelf, or even molded up yet! It was a terrible fit and would have taken quite a bit of fitting hours to make it work. I had the shop return it, and then we decided to have the shop rebuild my wrecked fender. It wasn't cheap to repair the entire unit, but at least it fit correctly. They did 'beef' it up on the inside surface.

Old 12-18-2021, 05:27 PM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

https://www.wallisduallyfenders.com/...ers-1981-2017/

I know its to late for you, but might help other people searching, i was going to order these when i did my conversion but just hasn't happened so i can't speak for quality or fitment

Quick Reply: Left Rear Fender