2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Heater problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 01:36 AM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Heater problems

ORIGINAL: Blondiegirl

[&:]Having trouble with the heater in my truck.Can't figure out what the problem is.Get just a little luke warm air. Both heater hose's feel hot. Flushed the hoses and put in new thermostat. Still, No heat! Anyone know anything about this? Thanks

Check the vaccum and check valves, and the coolant level. I am not a gasser expert and I am not sure but, IF your thermostat mounts horizontally, there is a small air vent tab that must be a 12 o'clock. If not, you could have an air bubble. And even air will heat the hoses. Make sure the water pump is pumping. These guys already gave you the advice to flush the core.

If all that is well, I'd then look to see if the temp control **** is the problem. I mean literally check to see if it's cracked, and not turning the temp control valve. Maybe the other end of the cable has come disconnected, or a blend door has malfuctioned.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Heater problems